<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Thursday, July 21, 2005

July Coffee Social 

Last week Friday was another monthly coffee social gathering of local Deaf gays and lesbians at Starbucks in Dupont Circle. There was a big turnout despite the rain. Last month we had 18 people show up. Last week, there were 33. It was interesting to notice that last month most of the attendees were mostly of the older crowd. Last week, the majority of the attendees were of the younger crowd. I'd like to mix these two, hopefully by next month. Anyways, here are some of the pictures that KT and I took of the coffee social.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
KT had to wait for Collin, who flew in to Dulles from San Francisco for the RAD conference. Traffic was bad and Collin hadn't arrived yet. I had to take off to meet with everyone at Starbucks. While I was waiting for the Metro, I decided to take this picture. It was about damn time that Gallaudet had a Metro station named after the university as was done for the other local universities. In the background, you can see some construction. I was told that it will be a new headquarter for a government agency. I'm not sure if it'll be for the DEA or the ATF. Anyone know?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Collin. He stayed with us over the weekend before checking at the hotel where RAD is now in session. It was great having him over at our place and catching up with news and such.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My best friend, Cliff.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kekua. You will almost never see me without Cliff and Kekua. Can't live without my 2 sisters.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Manny. KT's best friend.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
2 Deafies from England. They were traveling across America and ended up in DC on this particular day. They met Collin and heard about this event and stopped by.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Merritt.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Bridget.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Elicia and Bobby.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mel and Nell.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Irvine. It was so good to finally chat with this busy queen and have some good laughs as well.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kiki

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
John.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Peter.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
LaDonna. I don't think she realized that I was taking a picture of her while she was telling me something. I know she reads my blog and I know that when she sees this, she's gonna kill me! :-D

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Tim.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ricardo.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Masa & Emerson.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kelly. He had been avoiding the camera until I finally caught him off-guarded. ;-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
KT and me.

See you next month on Friday, August 19th!

ta ta...

|