<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4th of July 

Monday after work, I went to the local liquor store and picked up a couple of wines. KT was gonna spend the evening and the next day finishing up his lesson plans for the summer courses.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

With apple wine in hand, I watched White Noise. Hmm, I thought it was an interesting movie, dealing with EVP, electronic voice phenomenon. Anna disappears and is found dead some weeks later. She soon makes contact with her husband, John, via statics in the cellphone and the answering machine as well as appearing on TV.

John soon meets Raymond who can filter out the statics to get the messages. Once he recognizes his wife's voice, John becomes obsessed to hear from her again as well as seeing her on TV. Anna soon sends him off to rescue people.

Despite warnings from a medium, John realizes that he has been receiving messages from people on the other side. He soon discovers that he's been messages for the intended a week before they even happened.

Like I said, it was an interesting movie. I just Googled on EVP and discovered there's even an association for EVP. Apparently, the dead can communicate via electronics.

The next day was 4th of July. It was basically a quiet relaxing day for me while KT continued to finish up his lesson plans.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I spent most of the day reading and finishing Marley & Me. I heard about this book so much. Friends raved this book, claiming that you'll cry buckets by the time you finish reading. So, a friend loaned it to KT. KT read it and it made him cry.

Me...well, I put it off for some time. I mean, I'm not the type of guy that'll read a book about an animal. I'll watch movies of animals. Read books about animals...ehhhhh. I'd rather watch Black Beauty then read that book. All the movies on Benji, sure! Awww, remember Benji?

Anyways, I was bored. I had ordered some books from Amazon. I was wondering why haven't I gotten them books yet. I was actually expecting them last week. So, I check my email to track the shipping. Damn, they're not coming until next week. So much for their free shipping.

So, I thought about Marley & Me. Boy, that book had me laughing! The end had my eyes welling up with tears and my throat "bloated". Now, I really enjoyed this book. Y'all, check out this book if you haven't already.

I watched parts of the World Cup game, Italy versus Germany, which Italy won. I cannot wait to see the final game, this Sunday I believe. This should be interesting.

Oh, I made fried pickle slices yesterday. Mmmmm! Delicious! I miss this stuff from San Antonio. I tried to feed some to KT but he wouldn't have any of it. He doesn't like pickles anyway. So, more for me!

I baked some brownies with cheesecake swirls. Pretty good. KT is the brownie freak more than I.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

With white merlot in hand, I watched I am David. It's one of those family movies that was a bit too slow for me. It's a story about a 12 year old boy who escapes from a concentration camp in Germany. It wasn't like he deliberately escaped out of his own desire. He was given a mission to deliver a letter in Denmark and instructions to escape the camp.

Throughout his journey, he meets various people and finds himself in various situations in Germany, Italy and Swizterland.

Throughout the movie, you'll see flashbacks of David's life in the concentration camp. You'll also see who sent him on a mission as well as why he's on a mission.

It's a good movie, just a bit slow.

Went to bed with a good buzz, but not without playing a few games of Spider Solitaire on my Sidekick. It was addicting to play that game on the computer. Now, it's like I'm always on my pager, playing. Lawdy!

**********

News of the Day:

- Deaf man help nab drunk driver.

ta ta...

|