<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

What is up with pimples?!? Is that like God's way of picking on us? Finish! You mind?!?!

This damn weather is sooooo wishy-washy! I'm having allergies again. I better not get sick again.

I've finally got some answers about the surgery/extraction of my wisdom teeth. Seems the tentative date is April 30th. However, the insurance is giving the dr. totally different info than I got. So, have to do this BS emailing around and getting the air cleared about what's covered and what's not. Grrr!

Today, Safeway and Giant stores are closed in this area. The unions are meeting to discuss and vote. Apparently, if resolutions are not met or whatever, there is a possible strike, such as the recent one in CA. However, Safeway and Giant are prepared for that as they have their managers and temp workers ready to work, in case a strike occurs. What they have to discuss doesn't look good. Apparently, they have to raise costs and lower pay for new workers. For example, new workers will be paid less for Sundays and holidays. New workers will be paying more for health coverage. New workers' family members will not be covered, until that employee has worked 6 years. In other words, not good for new workers.

If you go back in about 6 months. Kroger, Safeway, Giant and other grocers have been having to meet with unions. Apparently, they're having to battle with Wal-mart. Safeway has had to sell their stores in CA. Wal-mart is on a roll these days. Target, Toys-R-Us, Kay-Bee and K-mart are struggling to compete with Wal-mart. Stores just can't compete with Wal-mart's low prices. The grocers are struggling with Wal-mart SuperCenters.

I guess you just have to be a really good stores and willing to compete aggressively by lowering prices. For example, H-E-B. H-E-B is THE grocery store in southern Texas. Although, they're slowly expanding towards northern Texas. Kroger, Albertsons and Handy-Andy have all folded, due to H-E-B's aggressive competition. Now, it's Wal-mart SuperCenters, Target Greatlands and H-E-B. Yet, H-E-B isn't struggling.

Don't be surprised if gas stations will be struggling with Wal-mart. I haven't seen any gas stations at Wal-mart over here in the East Coast. However, I have seen them elsewhere. Believe me, gas at Wal-mart is cheaper...even if it's 10 cents cheaper. Hey, consumers love low prices! More money in their pockets.

Anyways...don't wanna get way in too deep about that shit. It was nice to talk to 2 old friends, via AIM. Shane and Dean. Shane is a good friend of mine as well as a fellow frat bro. He's somewhere near Portland, pursuing his Master's. He lives in the boonies. Although, he didn't quite say that but the way he described his surroundings...sounds like the boonies to me. I dunno how he survives that because I know he's a city boy, just like me. I'd go stir-crazy after spending maybe 3 days in the boonies. I'll be like...I need to be smelling air pollution just to feel safe. Ya know... Sad, but true.

Dean was so funny yesterday. It was good to talk with him. I have added him on my blog links. He has a blog, even though it's just one day's worth...from last year. He """says""" that he'll try to update his blog. See see...

Finally heard from CSD about the damn webcam. We were just about to give up and go with Sorensen. However, just got an email from CSD yesterday. Seems that we have to go to them to pick it up. Oh no no no! Mail it! Or too poor for stamps?

Anyways...gotta pretend I'm busy working.

ta ta

|