<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Sunday, April 04, 2004

CobraFest was great! It was good to hang out with some brothers and catch up on news. It was good to see some old friends and classmates. But gosh, freshmen were OUT OF CONTROL! I was like...I'm too old for this. Is it just me or is everyone like skinny again? Is it cuz of the Atkins/South Beach diets? Saw Touria and she is way skinny than I've ever seen her. The same for Stacy Nowak...very skinny!

Christie Roeschert (sp?) is our Sweetheart! She was really surprised! I know that ASP made a good selection for Sweetheart. She really does hang out with the bros and has been at just about every event, hosted by ASP.

Anyways, Ridor, heard that you have a "new" sign. "sk sk"? Sounds cool. I have to see how you use it. :-)

Anyways...moving on...I was reading Ridor's comments about the X-Men, Infectia and the Legacy Virus. I vaguely remember Infectia. I definitely remember the Legacy Virus and the death of Colossus' sister, Magik. I remember thinking..."what? no no no...that can't be!" when Magik died. I was like...why did they have to kill her off the comics?

I read a comment, by a Kevin, to Ridor's entry in re: X-Men. Gosh, he was naming all these X-titles. And like Ridor said..."I love you but fuck it." Yeah, that's my attitude as well. I've looked at some of these comics. I dunno if it's just me or have they really come up with some corny characters. Let's see if I can get the characters right with their mutant powers... Husk, a gal who can grow out "sheaths" of bones. Another female character can control pheremones. I mean, seriously, you gonna fight with your mutant smelling powers? Chaos (?), a guy with no mouth...just a hole in his mouth/neck area.

Ridor mentioned the Dark Phoenix. I love that saga, in the comics! That is like one of the most memorable moments of the X-Men history. And yes, I agree, the Dark Phoenix will appear in X:3. Has to be! I'm so looking forward to it. I hope, but I doubt, they will introduce this Emma Frost character. In the comics, she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club. Emma Frost has since evolved. Now, fighting on the "good" side. Just as Iceman encases himself in ice, Frost can encase herself in diamond. Vee.

Anyways, I mentioned the Dark Phoenix because one of my fave characters is Rachel Summers, aka Phoenix. She was from another timeline and was the daughter of Jean Grey and Scott Summers. (FYI, timelines and alternate realities can be quite confusing.) Anyways, I just simply liked her and her costume. (In another timeline, she is Mother Askani (sp?) that raised/protected Nathan Summers, aka Cable (which in another timeline...Strife), also a child of Jean Gray and Scott Summers.)

Whoo...how did I get off the point? Anyways, you ever wonder if you have mutant powers...what would yours be? I wouldn't mind being a telekinetic telepath. How about you?

I just saw the previews, earlier this afternoon, for The Punisher. I've never been interested in this character, so I don't think I'll be seeing that movie anytime soon.

As for the Hellboy movie, hmmm...should I or should I not go see it? This is the same comic company (gosh, forgot the name...not Marvel or DC) that makes Spawn. Spawn just didn't appeal to me.

Anyways...I'll post some more tomorrow.

ta ta

|