<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Friday, April 09, 2004

Happy Good Friday! According to popular belief, you're not supposed to swear on this special day. So, I'll try my best not to swear in this blog.

Actually, I think I already failed. I think I said the caca word in a comment to Ridor's. Oh well...from this point on, no swearing for the day. (Lord, help me!)

Anyways...3 articles, I read this morning, which is just non-stop about bombing and terrorism. I mean...really...c'mon! Don't these terrorists have a life, other than killing people or blowing themselves up?

First of all, you might think it's just paranoia when the CIA warned Paris of a possible bomb threat on their Metro system. Nothing happened but you just never know. Services resumed shortly afterwards.

But...in Madrid, Spain there were suspicions that of a possible attack on a shopping center/mall. So, the police raided the suspects' apartment and found a map of that shopping center. They also found 2 backpacks and belt, loaded with bombs and detonators.

Then, in Baghdad, a video was released from the terrorists. The terrorists have kidnapped 3 Japanese civilians. The threat was that these 3 will be burned alive if Japan doesn't withdraw their troops from Iraq in 3 days. Japan has responded that they will not withdraw their troops.

Well...that's hard to agree or disagree. It's good that Japan isn't intimidated by the threat and said they will keep their troops in Iraq. If it was the Americans, don't know if the reaction would be the same. Remember that the American military believes in "we don't leave our men behind." I guess I'm wondering if Japan would attempt to rescue their kidnapped civilians. You know that the American military would try to attempt to rescue their own people, even if they have to die in the process.

I was just thinking right now about old movies I used to see that were set in the future. Remmy Mad Max? Remmy those kind of movies? Where they have a nuclear war and it wiped out just about half the world...and so everything is barren...everyone becomes territorial...everyone looks like they're set back by 100 years, technology-wise... Will we be like that? Seems everyone is resorting to wars.

The other day, I was reading about Rwanda. Whoa! In 1994, a genocide had happened. Now where was I? Was I really ignorant of what was going on in the world? 10 years later, Rwanda is still cleaning up after that war. It's interesting because the world ignored Rwanda, even the US. I know that some of you are tired of the US being the "world's police", but can we afford to have another genocide?

Whaaa? A 9 y/o girl has been cuffed/arrested for stealing a rabbit and $10.

Moving on...KT and I will be having dinner with Wilsey, tonight. It'll be a nice double date.

Finally resolved the issues with the hospital and the insurance. I will have my wisdom teeth removed on April 30th. No, I'm not freaking out........yet. All I know is that they BETTER give me a LARGE bottle of Percocet after the surgery. If I have to pay $200 for it...so be it!

Other than that...it looks like it'll be a good Friday. This weekend, I guess I'll be filling out forms for graduate school and financial aids. That's not fun to do, but gotta be done.

Looking forward to a simple Easter service and brunch with friends. Hopefully, it'll be a relaxing Sunday.

ta ta

|