<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Hmmmm...wtf do I say for today?

Last night, KT and I were watching "The Swan". It's a show that takes 2 "fugly" women at a time. (Fugly is a combination of fucking + ugly.) The show puts them through cosmetic surgeries and diet/exercise. They go through this program for 3 months. For the duration of the program, they're not allowed to have mirrors. (I was thinking to myself...could I actually live 3 months without a mirror? Could you? Are we that vain?) Anyways, after the show, the producers (I'm assuming) picks 1 of them to go on to a beauty pageant...competing against the other women who have gone through the Swan program.

During the whole program, they're really by themselves. They're not allowed to have someone else to stand by them for support...at least, not in the physical sense. They can call. This one woman kept calling and calling her husband, who never answered the phone. It was about 3 weeks before she finally got ahold of him. The conversation was really dry...almost tensed. KT said that it could be a possibility that the hubby didn't support the idea of his wife having cosmetic surgeries.

The other lady was just an emotional wreck. She would cry before she was put under for surgeries and then she would have postsurgery depression.

Anyways, it was an interesting show. We got to asking each other...if you had the opportunity...let's say all expenses paid...would you have cosmetic surgeries? That's something to think about. Me? Dunno. Maybe. Dunno. If I wanted to...I would need a hair transplant, major liposuction, nose job, dental works...not sure about my eyes and cheeks areas. Not sure if I'm willing to suffer the pain and soreness that comes after the surgery.

I believe this coming Monday is one more show of 2 fugly women before the pageant starts. Check it out if you can!

ta ta

|