<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Thought I'd try something different by doing this entry in "written" ASL (of course, it should be done in gloss (all caps) and dashes for fingerspelling) but I'll just do it this way:

Bills, me sick! Last night, me do do? Me review bills for now month. Me look phone bill. Me notice bill expensive than before. Before about 21 dollar, now 31 dollar. What's up? Oh no no no! Me found what? Found stupid charge. Example what? Tax and fees. Connect fee. Federal tax. State tax. Local tax. Service fee. BS! BS! BS! Then, me notice l-d, AT&T, they charge what? 2.49 for for? paper fee. Me notice everyone charge fee paper. Brownnose money! Banks, credit cards, etc. Recent, Wyndtell try use paper fee. But me notice they stop.

Tax, fees everywhere! Me sick! They tend small but gain-up really big difference. Me guess me must habit. But they do give choice. Can no-more paper. How? Get bills online. Me think cool. Me not surprise future everything online. Technology help lot. True business.

Mind-connect, me recent said future everything online. Me feel true. Why? Example, universities now have few course online. Future, all class online? Me wonder. But strange how technology seem isolate us. Deaf know before have Deaf club. Now, no-more, few. Before TTY, now few use. Now use IM, webcam. Before, Deaf institute (school), now most mainstream.

Another example, Pizza Hut now permit order online. Another, me saw show one time Oprah. Have refrigerator with small computer. Can order food. Food store bring food your house. Vee!

But me concern something. Technology also have voice recognize. Deaf how? Do do? Me KT saw washer dryer where? H-D (Home Depot). Saw ad woman speak, machine follow. Same before me saw car ad. Speak, car follow. My dad told me one time, company try computer like Star Trek. Example, "computer, find Mother" then computer respond. Deaf how? We sign to celing? Computer hologram appear, sign? That cool will! Imagine!

Anyway, me hope you fun read this. Me not use this way. But me graduate-school soon, Deaf Studies focus ASL. Me feel will use gloss. Eeek! Next time, me blog me use English. Happy?

see-you-later

|