<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Message from Mom? 

Yesterday, I mentioned a bit about my mother. Perhaps something was bound to happen. KT had to work a bit more afterhours at work. So, I drove to the grocery store and picked up a few things to make dinner. I drove home and saw that I got something in the mail from my alma mater (high school). I opened up the mail and it was a yearbook. When I opened the book to the first page, it was a dedication in memory of my mother. In it are 4 pictures of Mom. Right there, I just weeped. I didn't realized, until that point, just how much I really missed her.

I cried and cried. I cried while I was going through the yearbook, seeing some familiar faces. I cried while I was preparing the pot roast for dinner. I wept while I was putting flowers in the vases, that I bought from the store. I was still crying when KT paged me to pick him up at the metro station.

Came home and showed KT the yearbook. Boy, that did it. I cried even way more. I told him...perhaps this is a message from my mom, saying "hi, I love you and just wanted you to know that I'm still here with you." Isn't it amazing how something like that can happen? It was a good feeling but I guess I just needed to grieve some more. Yeah, I guess, after all, I'm still a mama's boy. I miss her...so very much!

It's funny how I mentioned that I was gonna send flowers to her grave for Mother's Day. Seems that Mom gave me an early Mother's Day gift. *chuckle*

KT said that perhaps that another reason why I'm grieving is because Mom was one of the FEW people who truly thinks of me or us. That's true. And she's still thinking of me.

I love you, Mom! Thanks for the yearbook!

ta ta for now...

|