<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Thursday, August 12, 2004

30 Years... 

WARNING - long entry!

Yesterday, I turned 30.

*screaming*

It was a wonderful birthday and I couldn't have asked for a better day. KT and I woke up early yesterday morning to open gifts. Wow, felt like I had a sugar daddy. haha The very first gift KT gave me was a frame with sunflowers around it and it had a picture of my mother, standing outside of her house and wearing a cute outfit that I had bought for her. Yeah, I was a bit emotional. Everytime I see her, I realize more and more just how much I miss her.

Well, I didn't want to spend the whole day crying so I opened some more gifts. Got some nice clothes...slacks, shirts, t-shirts, a pull-over sweater, mesh shorts. I got books: Dan Brown's Digital Forest and Da Vinci Code...and one from my FAVORITE authors, Sue Grafton's R is for Ricochet! Boy, I'm gonna have fun reading! I also got my old silver ring back. KT and I had these rings for quite some time and we took them off when we had broken up. So, that was a really nice surprise. Well, I didn't want to open ALL the gifts because I wanted to have some left over to open when I get back home.

We, then, proceeded to the post office. I had gotten a yellow slip in the mail that I got something from Dad. So, we went to the post office and picked it up. You know what...I don't wanna go there, so let's just skip this part.

After that, drove the car to work, instead of the Metro. I just *bored* to work because it was my birthday and just wanted to chitchat online all day. Anyways, I ended up doing some work because a lawyer called me in to do some filings of his documents. Well, at least, I didn't play around all day! KT took me to John Havard's for lunch. Mmmm, love their chicken sandwich and fries.

About a couple of hours after lunch, KT came down to my office and asked me to join him to the convenience store downstairs for snacks. I thought...ok, I'll just spend a few minutes with my SEXY boyfriend. So, we're walking to the elevators and when we get to the hallway...I had looked at the conference room on the other side of the hallway and then looked away. I was like...wait a minute, there's all these people sitting there with a big smile on their face and staring at me. I realized it was a small surprise party with my co-workers. Awww, isn't KT wonderful? I had told him...you told a lie...he said, technically, no because we did have a snack.

Then, KT tells me that he had to work a bit overtime because a lawyer gave him a last minute assignment. So, I thought...that's ok...because I can surf on the 'net after work. I was talking to Kekua, Cliff and Toby online. Kekua and Cliff left in a hurry. I was like...oh no no no. My two sisters didn't even wish me a 'happy birthday'. Bitches! I was like...that? So, I was bitching about them to KT. KT was being sympathetic about the whole thing and telling me that maybe they had a lot on their minds. I was like...whateva!
Then, I was chatting with Toby. He happened to bring up about Hassan and then asked me when my birthday was. I told him that it was today (8/11). I was thinking...how nice of Toby to ask...not like those dumbfucks I have as sisters. *flinging my follically-challenged hair* Toby had told me that he came into work late and had to stay later. But within a few minutes, he said he had to leave. I thought, how strange...he's leaving work early when he came late. Oh well...

So, work was done and I was surfing on the 'net, while KT was working overtime. Then, I IM'd KT that I would wait for him downstairs in the lobby. I was in the lobby when KT was coming up the escalator, huffing and puffing. I was like...he must've ran or something. So, he collected his things and came down. KT said...why don't we play some games at ESPNZone and maybe grab dinner? I was like...dinner at the ESPNZone? I had remembered KT complaining about the food there some time ago and so I was surprised that he would want to eat there again. Then, he said...well, let's play some games. I was like...ok. I don't mind playing games there. I was thinking...obviously, he's trying to kill time for something. So, we go and I discovered that my friends were there waiting for me...a surprise party. Bitches to all of ya! Cliff, Kekua and Toby were there. OH NO NO NO!
All those who were there: KT, Cliff, Kekua, Toby, Manny, Merritt, Terese, Ruben, Emerson, Scott, Jon, Wendi, Cindy, Dane, Tiffany, Melissa, Euggy, and the kids: Rick, Dani, Emily, Abbey, Jordan, Wolfe.
(Thanks to you all who came and helped celebrated my birthday. Thanks to those who couldn't come but wished me a 'happy birthday'.)
I was given a birthday hat (think of a deunce (sp?) hat) to wear for the party. We just all had a good time.

*screaming* I got the DVD set of Wonder Woman, first season! *Wonder Woman spin* I can't wait to start watching it. I'm surprised I didn't stay up overnight watching the whole thing!

Merritt gave me this awesome necklace that he had made. I absolutely love it! I pah have an accessory for my neck!

Everyone gave me lovely cards filled with memories *laughing - thinking of the one that Terese gave me * and various gift certificates to IKEA, Barnes & Noble, Target and Starbucks. Means what? More books!!! (That reminds me...I have to update my wishlist because I got some of the things I wanted.) I will have a dinner date with Manny next month. Can't wait!

Oh yeah, I got a big piggy bank from KT. It says..."30...and getting better every year!"

Got a Jagermeister shot from Toby. Thanks for that nice little buzz!

Then, Cliff said he has one more gift at home for me. So, after the party was over, KT and I drove to Cliff's place. He got me a LOVELY gift that he had gotten at Rehoboth Beach. (I had seen some talks about this stuff but I didn't make the connection. Bitches!) If you wanna know what it is...you'll have to come and find out. Let's just say I have given it a name already. It's name is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Then, we came home and I opened more gifts...more clothes. KT has good tastes! Relaxed a bit by watching an episode of Everyone Loves Raymond. It was a funny one!

Went to bed. Got up and told KT that I wouldn't mind going into work a little late than usual. Got up later and decided I wanted to take the day off from work. So, we've been home. Already got a VRS call from Roe and BJ. Awesome! Can't wait to see Roe next week. Will see Annie next week too.

Tonight, I have a committee meeting at Union Station. Will have dinner with Kekua afterwards.

So, now I'm 30. I have a lot to be thankful for. I have my wonderful loving boyfriend of almost 4 years, a home that we both own, a good job with wonderful benefits, good health, wonderful friends, and will soon be going to graduate school, with KT! I couldn't have asked for a better birthday.

For the past year, it's been interesting and challenging. There's been times of happiness and sorrow. But you know...that's life. So, I did the best that I could when I encountered those situations and I think I did pretty good. I know that my mother was smiling down on me and can relax knowing that I'm surrounded by great people!

So, I'm looking forward to see what happens in the next 10 years, before I really go over the hill. While I may be old...I can't wait til KT and all my friends hit the big 3-0!

Thanks to you all who have made my birthday memorable! *mwah*

ta ta...

|