<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Friday, August 27, 2004

GSO... 

Orientation. What an overload of information! Luckily, the graduate orientation isn't so different than the undergraduate orientation. Just who's who and what's expected of us.

Saw a few people, among the graduate students, that I know...the rest, dunno who. Of course, the majority of the students are females. I expected that because I had read an article some time ago that more and more women are pursuing graduate and post-graduate education.

After the morning orientation, went to the Deaf Studies department to meet the other students and our professors. Nice to see a couple of familiar faces and looking forward to classes with Drs. MJ Bienvenu, Ben Bahan and Dirksen Bauman. Saw my old advisor, Dr. Arlene B. Kelly. It's always so good to see her! Looking forward to see all of them for the next couple of years.

Then, had lunch at the cafeteria. Wow, it has changed a lot! A whole lot better. I don't think Ridor will consider it the barfeteria once and if he returns to visit. The food were definitely an improvement than the last time I was there.

Kekua, KT and I were doing this "welcome to Gallaudet" to each other because of the system fuck-ups or the runaround given to us by staff. I just laugh because that is so expected at Gally. Welcome to Gallaudet!

Met a few bloggers in person...well, I met one and saw the others. Saw Tate, Alex, Oscar (already seen him during my undergraduate years) and Sarah (Tate's wife). Got to meet Sarah in person at SHS. The 3 of us had to go to SHS to have them unblock our registration to submit our classes at the Registrar's. I saw this girl and I was like...isn't that Sarah? So, KT asked her and sure enough it was. She seems really nice and friendly.

Anyways, after all that it was time for dinner/meeting. We went but it was information that we already knew...like the library, research department. So, after we ate dinner, KT and I snuck out and headed home.

This morning, I got up and went to see the audiologist to pick up my new hearing aid. OMG, everything is SO loud! Talk about a real power aid! I'm like...I can hear background noises from 5 miles away. (Ok, I'm exaggerating.) I'm gonna try it out for like a week and if it's still too loud for me...I'll have to go back and get it tuned down.

Went back to Gally to finish up business registration and get our books for classes. So, we're all set. We're just resting up. Tonight, we'll go back to Gally and check out the GSA party. Hopefully, it'll be worth it. If lame, out we go.

All in all, KT and I are excited to begin our graduate studies. This will definitely stimulate our minds than our repetitive duties at work.

Oh, oh...last night, we watched Seabiscuit. It was slow but pretty good. Definitely worth watching if you like slow-paced movies.

Well, until then...ta ta...

|