<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Hello! Blogs Are Public! 

I just got a couple IM's from 2 Deaf bloggers that I have added on the side. They were proclaiming their blogs are private and only for their family's viewing. I was like...you might have envisioned your blogs to be private but I got them off from other Deafies' blogs as a link...so therefore invalidates your reason that your blogs were to remain private.

However, one of the bloggers was nice and claimed that she's old-fashioned in her own ways and the other was definitely bitchy about it. Those who know me...approach me in a bitchy way isn't gonna make me do anything and threatening me isn't gonna make me do anything either!

I thought about and I was like...wait a minute! Blogs are public forums. I mean...if you want to make your "blog" private...there are emails (you know...Yahoo!, Hotmail, Excite, AOL, etc.) and the world wouldn't know a thing about what you sent to specific recipients.

They were also claiming that you should ask permission before adding their blogsite onto your blog as a link. I was like...hello, this isn't Ringo or Tickle where you have to ask before you can even add. I was thinking...well, I wasn't asked either before being added to other blogs (not that I have a problem with that) so why are we making a big deal about it? So, I stand by my ground that blogs are public and open for the WHOLE world to read!

*flinging my follically-challenged hair*

|