<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Hero and Guardian Angel... 

I saw a preview of Hero. It looks really good. It looks just like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. It will make its American debut later this month. Definitely a must-see movie!

I was at CVS the other day and I noticed small packets by the cashier. They were Guardian Angel Alcohol Test. Basically, it contains 2 test strips. You don't eat, drink or smoke for 10 minutes. You put a test strip in your mouth for about 10 seconds and wait 2 minutes for the results. You can compare the color on the strip against the colors on the back of the packet. The test meets the DOT's (Dept. of Transportation) standards for alcohol testing. (There's also one for drug testing.)

Seeing the Guardian Angel packets reminded me of an article that I had read some time ago. Virginia wants to pass a law where new cars will have a breath-analyzer or a "blow tube" installed in cars. Everytime a driver gets into the car, he/she must blow into the tube. If above the legal amount, the car will shut down the ignition. I found the article, via Washington Post but it does require readers to register. So, I thought I'd post another site where it's being considered various parts of the US.
I find this interesting because this is a possibility that could forever change automobiles. The history and designs... Not to mention, the effect of drunk driving as well...

KT is taking me out to lunch. ta ta...

|