<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Stupid Hearing People... 

Today, I had to call Verizon and AT&T to discontinue some services as KT and I are preparing for graduate studies. You know, working less hours at work...therefore, means less money...therefore, means less luxuries.

Anyways, I had to call back Verizon to follow up on something else. Of course, needless to say, all calls are done via Relay. So, I finally got a hold of a Verizon representative and after the Relay operator explained Relay to her (sometimes I hate this part because I'm sure the Relay operators make it sound like they're selling something). After the explanation, the rep said that she had to transfer me to their main relay department. I was like...no, I'm already with Relay and need to talk to a rep. Well, someone else picked up the phone and then hung up. So much for their Relay services!

So, I instructed the operator to call back and that if any of the reps mention about transferring me to a TTY, relay or disability department...to interrupt them and say that I'm already with Relay. So, we go through this again and get ourselves a rep. And this rep was like...I'm gonna transfer you to our main relay department. So, I interrupted her and said that I'm already with Relay and would like to speak with a rep in regards to something. She said that it was a new policy that all TTY/Relay calls were to be directed to their main relay department. I was like...oh no no no, don't you dare transfer me! So she said she had to double check with her supervisor to see if she could take my call. (Good grief!)

She returned and said that it was the policy to have me transferred. So I said...let me talk to your supervisor! So, I get transferred to the supervisor and she gave me the same song and dance. So, I explained to her how Relay works and that it doesn't work with a Deafie and a relay operator and another relay operator and then a rep. 3 parties...not 4. She still said that she had to transfer me because of the policy.

So I was like...excuse me, no where in the bill or online was there something said that all Deafies had to call the Verizon Relay operator in order to get services from Verizon. She claimed that this was a brand new policy and that was why the number for Verizon Relay hasn't been published yet.

I was like...you still don't understand. So what did I do? I demanded to speak to her supervisor. Then, she was like...ok, I can take your call. TYFVM (TYVFM...for Bobby.)!

Anyways, by the time I was done with this transaction, it had taken over an hour. I was like...geez, if they'd just shut up and accept the call instead of having to transfer a relay call to their relay department, because then that would not have worked.

Sigh...

|