<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Monday, August 16, 2004

While It Was Raining... 

Watched about a total of 6 episodes of Wonder Woman on Friday night and Saturday morning. It was good to watch these old shows once again. I found myself analyzing the dialogue, props and special effects. They seem archaic and cheesy to today's standards but was considered the best thing in the world back in those days.

*Wonder Woman spin*

Went over to BAP's house for a brief visit and then Manny came over with us to spend the night. We watched the Olympics...particularly the men's swimming/diving and men's gymnastics. It was the first time I've watched the men's synchronized diving event. Wow, that must be difficult to take off, spin and dive at the same time as your partner's.
The American team for the men's gymnastics have to be careful and do well. Blaine Wilson could have done a great job but he fell from the high bar. There was something about Blaine Wilson and Jason Gatson having to change their routine because the Olympics had changed some rules. (I gotta look that up.)
OMG, we saw this one clip of a Russian gymnastic on the uneven bars. He flipped and grabbed the bars. However, one of his fingers somehow hit the bar and it was snapped out of place. He got off the bars and went to his coach who snapped it back in. Ewww! I would've fainted!
So far, at of yesterday, the American teams have not had a great start and hopefully they'll be able to pick up some more gold medals. Yay for Michael Phelps winning a gold medal and setting a world record in the 400 meter medley (correct event, right?)!

After that, we watched Kill Bill, volume 2. OMG, what a disapppointment! 90% talk and 10% action, which were very short fight scenes. If you haven't seen it yet, don't. Save your money and rent something else.

Yesterday, I had to do an errand before a meeting. I decided to stop at McDonald's in Bowie to grab lunch to go. I was surprised to see a DVD rental kiosk set up just before the drive-thru lane. They're .99 cents a day. It has 3 "walls" of selections and it's available 24 hours a day. So, I guess this is something new that will be seen throughout the nation.
After the meeting, I picked up Cliff to my home and told them all about this DVD rental at McDonald's. They've all shared that they have seen this at other McDonald's locations. Hmm...

Currently reading:



So far, the book is good and fascinating. I read from one critic that this was supposed to be Dan Brown's worst book. I'll have to read up on all his books to decide for myself.

Until then, ta ta...

|