<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Dad and Relocation... 

I got an email from my dad yesterday. He said he's gonna sell the house soon. While I knew that he would be selling it after mom's death, I guess I didn't expect him to sell it so soon. I guess there's too many memories of Mom in that house. Plus, probably too big for him. Means I better make sure my stuff are sent to me or else I may have to rent an SUV and drive all the way to Texas and gather up my stuff.

After selling the house, he's gonna move in with Grandma for a short while. I think the bigger news was that he said he's thinking of leaving the country for about 5 years. Okay, that was totally not expected. I can only think of 2 places he would want to live. Germany, where we once live for 5 years while Dad was in the military, or Mexico, where it's relatively cheap to live life. Any other country would be a surprise to me. Unless, he's thinking of becoming a missionary for 5 years, then who knows where he has his mind set on.

KT asked me how I feel about it. Hmmm...right now, I don't have a reaction. Perhaps I'll have a delayed reaction in the near future. Perhaps I'm just too busy to deal with this. Knowing myself, I'll probably have a delayed reaction to this at the wrong time and at the wrong place.

I'll admit that since Mom's death, Dad has been really unpredictable. He's changed as well, which has been noticed by many others around him. While changes are a normal part of life, his changes haven't all been necessarily positive. Hearing from others about his changes here and there...tells me that Mom was the one who put him in line. Without Mom, it's like he has no self-control or self-discipline over some things.

Perhaps we'll have a long talk whenever I fly into Texas.

ta ta for now...

|