<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Sunday, September 12, 2004

DPHH and Some Good Movies... 

After downing a couple slices of pizzas and a couple bottle of beer, I headed over to Gally to retrieve the car. Drove over to The Local 16 Bar and Restaurant, which DPHH was being held at. I arrived there and there were only a small handful of Deafies. Right behind me was Billy Windhorn.
It was so good to catch up with some news and stuff. I can't remember the last time that we really hung out and chatted. (Probably ASP, during my undergraduate years.) We decided to get drinks, his treat. However, with the limited choice of beer that they were offering (it was one of those mini-bars), we decided to get a shot of tequila each and Long Island Teas. I got one and he got himself 2. Dang! Very few bartenders know how to make a GOOD LIT, and this one dude made a good one! We were BUZZING really good! (That's why I like LIT 'cuz don't need to spend a lot of money before getting a good buzz.)

Anyways, we chatted for a good time, covering a range of topics before we were interrupted by Maryte. (Forgot her last name but she's one of the executive staff in the President's Office.) Of course, she vaguely remembered me when I used to work there, so I was trying to refresh her memory. Once she remembered, she was like..."you're fatter and balder". Yeah, I know...Deaf thing.

Anyways, KT showed up, followed by Cliff and Roy. I was so happy to see KT because I thought he was gonna go home after work but he decided to come in and hang out for a bit before going home. Awwwwww! Of course, it's always good to see Cliff and putting on various drama shows between me and him. (Girl, we are so silly!)

I had an awesome time chatting with Roy. Then, he was telling me about the last days of Ernie Hoffmann. *heart touch* Wow, that was a sad story and I'm glad that Roy was able to be there for Ernie until his passing. Roy will be going back home to Amsterdam on the 25th this month.
For those of you that are interested, Gallaudet will host a memorial service for Ernie on Friday the 17th at 1pm.

Then, I saw Cookie! My goodness, she looks absolutely good! So so so good to see her. I have to meet up with her again and give her my undivided attention. Too many people were around and others wanted to see Cookie.

Then, after that, KT and I went home, after dropping Cliff off to his place.

We saw a couple of movies and a couple of documentaries. You should check out Good Fences, starring Whoopi Goldberg and Danny Glover. It's a cute movie, however, I'm not so sure that I liked the ending. (What is it these days with movies having a bad ending?!?!?) I found it ironic with Whoopi and Danny acting together once again. The first time was The Color Purple, where Danny played as Whoopi's abusive husband. This time, they're just sweet loving and ambitious. Whoopi is just so cute in this movie as an old-fashioned wife.

Then, ...gosh I can't remember the first documentary that we saw.

Anyways, then we saw Gattaca. Ben Bahan mentioned this movie in class and recommended us to watch it if we hadn't seen it. Seemed that everyone saw it, except me. I have to say that this was a very interesting movie! Imagine the future adopting to this particular way of life. We love this line from Uma Thurman's character, Irene, "You're a God child?"

Then, we watched this....undescribeable documentary that resulted in the death of a journalist Death in Gaza. I said indescribeable because I was shocked to see the way of life among the Palestinian children, particularly in regards to war with the Israelis. If you have not seen it, I suggest you watch it!
If not for the death of the journalist, James Miller, he had planned to make another documentary, filming the Israeli children and their view of the Palestinians.
I believe that by watching this film, you will have a better understanding of what kind of life the Palestinian children have, what kind of future they can glimpse for themselves, and what kind of daily doctrines they're exposed.
All I can say is that some scenes in there were jaw-dropping for me, especially the chilling words from a 4 year old (I think I got the age right) Palestinian girl.

Lastly, watched Godsend. A good suspense movie...however, with a weak ending. (Grrr!! Why?) Basically, if you have a child and died from a freak accident...would you allow your dead child be cloned and start all over?

Anyways, those of you in the DC Metro area. Check out the ad for Fiesta Latina! (Go to www.deafcmra.org and click on Fiesta Latina (October 9th). Hope to see you there!
Oh, my Workshop section for RAD has finally been posted online! So, if you're interested in conducting a workshop for RAD, go to the aforementioned site and click on RAD 2005 and fill out the form and mail it to me, where they'll be subject to approval.

Whenever KT gets back, I'll ask him to refresh my memory of the first documentary and blog about it later.

ta ta...

|