<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Labor Day Weekend... 

Friday night, when KT and I got home from work, I had planned to make myself a nice drink after a long week. However, I went upstairs to change and brought up one of the cats with me. I changed clothes and I started to play with BJ, since KT and I had been busy all week, getting used to school and work. None of the cats and the bird got any of our attention. So, I thought I'd start off by giving one of them attention. So, I'm petting BJ repeatedly and feeling him purring in response and I dunno...must've been the repetition of petting him and his purring that I just fell asleep. It was only 10 pm. Those of you who know me....weekends means staying up LATE!

I realized that Thursday and Friday are our heaviest days of the week. On Thursday, we had class from 9am to noon. Then, we zoomed to work from 1 to 5. Back to Gally in time for our evening class from 6:30 to 9:30. (At this time, we found out that a revised reading assignment had been sent out for our Friday AM class. [Our Gally email accounts weren't working and had emailed HelpDesk to fix the problem.] So, we were up til midnight, reading the assigned chapters to prepare ourselves for class.) Then, back to Gally in the morning for our 9 to noon class, which was packed with TONS of information...that our brains were still processing information, after class. Then, after class, to work. 1 to 6 for me and til 8:30 for KT. So, it's just one thing after another. So, Friday night...I was pooped!

Saturday morning, I got up in time to meet with Cliff. We had made plans to get together and just hang out. So, I drove to his place and I had expected that I would have to flash the doorbell repeatedly...as he usually oversleeps. Well, whadda know! I flash the doorbell and there he is! (Good boy!)
So, we discussed plans and then headed to Union Station to eat lunch. We ate at Johnny Rocket. Gosh! I can't remember the last time I've eaten there. Anyways, we just chatted about a lot of stuff. After lunch, we went to the flea market at Eastern Market. I always liked going there...especially during the fall, with colorful leaves all over the ground. Anyways, we went there to find some gifts for a friend of Cliff's. And...I got some flowers for KT. It's always nice to get him something.
After that, we went back to his place to chat some more. Saw Christa R. and Sam Mather outside for a bit. Anyways, the point was that Cliff and I had a wonderful time chatting about stuff from A to Z.

I came home and just lazed around a bit. KT had spent the day (actually, the weekend) playing a video game on XBox, Manhunt. I observed him playing the game and it looked interesting.

Oh, KT and I decided to let the cats outside for the first time, since we moved in. Remember that DC had been getting lots of rain over the summer and therefore, increases the chance for the cats to get fleas. (We learned our lesson from last year summer.) The weekend was relatively cool and we thought, why not let the cats outside. (The cats had been restless recently and have been showing interest to escape outside.) Those of you who know our cats, only Mercy and Tigger go outside. BJ is a real scaredy cat! Any noise, stranger, car that passes by, BJ runs and hides. Surprisingly, all 3 of them went outside. (Where we live now is definitely quieter than where we used to live. And we're only a block up from we used to live!) So, the cats spent the day exploring outside, checking out their new territory and eating selected grass. Then, they decided they wanted to come in. 5 minutes later, they wanna go out. 30 minutes later, back in. 5 minutes later, outside. So, I was like their personal butler, while KT was busy playing the video game.

By night time, I was like...I'm gonna make myself a drink. So, I started off with like 5 shots of tequila. (Tequila!) Then, make myself a frozen drink with vodka. Whoo...got a nice buzz going on. Of course, stayed up late and chatted with a cousin of mine and Grant. Then, off to bed I went.

Got up late on Sunday. Went downstairs. Guess what KT was doing? Yep, video game. *wink* I can't blame him. That game does look like fun! Anyways, KT and I got cleaned up and headed out to Target to get some cards and gifts for some people. So, we got back and headed over to Jon's place for a BBQ. I had made meatballs and put them in a crockpot.
The BBQ at Jon's was actually a suprise party for Melissa but I later found out that I had ruined it. (soooo sowwwwy!) I had thought that by the time Melissa arrived to Jon's place, she would know or would be informed that it's a party for her. So, by the time, we arrived...I went up to Melissa and said "happy birthday". I thought that Sunday was her actual birthday but it's actually on the 7th. (I know! I know! What a dumbfuck Larry is! Geez!)
Well, don't worry. Karma paid me back. The party was a BYOB so KT brought his Diet Coke and I had brought sweet tea (you know...a Southern thing) to drink. So, I was talking to a couple of friends and I was holding my tea in one hand and signing with the other hand. Somehow, my signing hand made contact with the drink and out flying the cup went. I was like...watching it in slow motion and I'm thinking "oh please, don't spill...let the lid stay on the cup." Well, upon impact, the lid popped and the tea was spilled all over. I was like...oh shit! So, I rushed to the kitchen and found some paper towels and came back and dabbed up the tea and ice. I kept telling myself...don't be embarrassed because it happens. But with everyone laughing...hehe, I couldn't help but get red in the cheeks.

A couple of hours later, Rosey drove by. We had been paging back and forth previously about maybe getting together. Anyways, she was attempting to find our new house and somehow couldn't find it and passed by my old residence and found me there. So, she said she would wait at my new house til I was done at the party. However, new plans came up that the party would continue...so I headed back home to meet up with Rosey.
Gosh! The whole night we just chatted about everything, from A to Z. You know how you're really good friends with someone and you have those rare moments where you just chat and chat, like hens, with no silence in between, even though you see each other all the time. So, I had one with Cliff and then with Rosey. Wow, that is a good weekend! I asked Rosey if she wanted to come over to Jon's place and play Idiot. She was like...don't mind but really came to see me. And am glad that we stayed at my place and just catch up on news. We had a tequila shot and strawberry daquiri, along with some other stuff.
Then, someone rang the doorbell, which was a bit scary for me. You see, there's a liquor store like 3 blocks down from our place. That's the one negative about living in our neighborhood. Obviously, these people who stop by our house, will ring our doorbell and beg for money. Even though this was only the second time to happen, it's still scary. I think what ruined it was when I was robbed at gunpoint, with a concealed shotgun, last year. Anyways, I went to the kitchen to see who it is (we need to drill in a peephole!) and it's some stranger. However, this stranger caught me looking out through the blinds and was motioning me to come to the door. No way, Jose! I was like...telling Rosey..."be quiet!" Duh, not like we were making noises in the first place.
Anyways, we were gonna have another tequila shot. I had already poured the tequila into the shotglasses. But, you know, being Deafies we are, Roe and I were just chatting and chatting, while our shots were sitting there, awaiting to be swallowed. Well, somehow, the blinds in the kitchen was partially opened and while I "listening" to Rosey...I see some kind of movement outside. I'm thinking...shit, someone is gonna ring the doorbell again. Only this time, someone is looking in. I thought....OMG! I was ready to freak out! However, I realized it was KT. He was carrying the crockpot and some other stuff and couldn't free a hand to open the door. He said he had been ringing the doorbell, which will make a lamp flash off and on, in the living room. But, Roe and I were in the kitchen.

Anyways, Roe was just as happy to see KT and retold some stuff she told me to him. Then, we had cocksucker shots. (Roe and I never did drink our second tequila shots.) Anyways, after that, the 3 of us were being the hens we are and chatted about even more stuff! Anyways, it was good.

Monday was a relaxing day. Did grocery shopping and caught up on assigned readings for the week. However, some of the readings were a bit dry and so I kept looking at the video game that KT was playing. I was like...stop being distracted and focus on your readings. Did that and rewarded myself by playing some games on Yahoo!

During the day, we had been letting the cats in and out of the house. Well, at night, BJ wanted to go outside. He's been a little more braver each time he goes out. Well, what do you know? KT called him to make him come inside. (We felt at this point, he's not quite ready to stay outside overnight. Well, more of me...) BJ didn't wanna come in. We were surprised at that. Before we went to bed, KT went downstairs to call BJ in. He said that BJ walked up and gave KT an expression like..."what do you want? you mind!" Of course, KT grabbed him and brought him inside. Well, what do you know? BJ turned around and was like...wanna go outside. Well, not now...soon, soon.

KT had originally wanted to go to Hershey Park during Labor Day weekend. We had so much fun there last year. However, with my heel spur problem, we realized it was best to not go and make it worst for my foot. Well, I had a good time, just staying home. I'm sure KT did as well! Now, I'm tempted to start my own game on Manhunt. Hmmm...school, leisurely reading a book and play a game? I dunno...

Anyways, I guess I'm still "henning" with this long blog. Gotta stop and get to work! ta ta...

(Personal note to Cliff: PAH!)

|