<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Watch Out, Subway? 

Guess what?

McDonald's is currently testing customers with food samples, at select locations, to see if they should add a deli line to their current menus. If so, it's possible they'll be added to menus in about 400 stores by the end of the year.

Hmmm, maybe McDonald's should add another branch under the umbrella, along with Chipotle Mexican Grill and Donato's Pizza. I just learned that Boston Market is also owned by McDonald's.

(I just did a little investigation to see if the statement above is accurate. Actually, McDonald's owns a large percentage (at least 75%) of each business, thus falling into the belief that McDonald's owns all of them.) (Wow! Just by doing a little investigation, I've learned that McDonald's also "owns" Pret A Manger, which are set up in NY, UK and Hong Kong. Learned that Chipotle doesn't franchise their stores, unlike the others. The problem with researching is that it leads to further researches, which I will do at a later time.)

Anyways, my point is that maybe McDonald's should set up another branch or acquire another business to sell deli-related food items. Remember that one time that McD's tried to sell fried chicken? They didn't do well and quickly removed it from the menus. Hmm, makes me wonder...does Wendy still sell fried chicken? If so, I'm surprised!

However, who knows if McD's will be successful in selling deli food in their regular stores. It's a big risk that McD's is willing to take.

All this talk of food is making me eye my peanut butter & jelly sandwich that I'm having for lunch.

Anyways, ta ta...

|