<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

What a Relaxing Weekend... 

It felt sooo good to have the car running once again. We discovered that not only we had to replace the battery but the positive (red) cables as well. That was a challenge! We were just about to give up and have the car towed to let the mechanics do it for us. However, thanks to our persistence, we were able to get it fixed, little by little.
Made us realized just how dependent we are on our car! Can't live without it!! Don't get us wrong, the Metro is nice but having your own car is NICE as well.

After that, we decided to rest for the remainder of the day by having a belated celebration of our 4 year anniversary. So, we decided to drive up to Silver Spring and catch a matinee movie, The Forgotten and then have dinner. So, KT ordered the tickets online, so that we won't have to drive up and find out it was sold out. We get up there and got our tickets. I noticed right away that it was in an auditorium that doesn't have RWC (rear window captioning). (The Consolidated Theatre in Silver Spring has RWC in auditorium #3, 6, 8 and 20.) It turned out that the theatre had switched movies around...therefore, messing up the whole thing. So, the manager gave our money back and gave us free tickets to the next showtime, which was 4 hours later.

4 hours to kill. Hmmm...what to do, what to do... We decided to walk around and check out some of the stores in the area. Pretty soon, we had ice cream from Ben & Jerry's. Then, spent the reminder of the time at Barnes & Noble. I decided to pick up a graphic novel of the Ultimate X-Men. (Yes, I know...I'm a dork...but so what!) Ok, I love the X-Men but there are just so many X-titles and I'm like lost. Too many timelines and alternate realities! I was reading one about the Avengers hunting down the X-Men because they had previously hidden Magneto somewhere. So, the whole world is seeking the X-Men and treating them as terrorists because they were "helping out" a terrorist, Magneto. Anyways, I saw some characters in there and I was like...hey! wait a minny! that's not right! For example, Forge. Forge is a Native American and has a "cybernetic" leg and something else (I forgot) and he has the ability to create things or tools, possessing advance technological properties. (It was his creation, tricked by Nick Fury to use it to neutralize Rogue's powers, but instead it was shot at Storm, losing all her powers. It was that time that Storm sported a mohawk.) Anyways, they portrayed Forge as a "bad guy", working for Magneto. Later on the story, when the X-Men landed on Magneto's base and battled his "minions", Storm and Forge faced each other. However, they acted like they didn't know each other. (Storm and Forge had a relationship in the X-Men series.)
Anyways, I found myself not liking the Ultimate X-Men because I was like..."this is wrong. " or "huh!" and other comments. Like I said...too many X-titles! Oh oh...one more thing...Captain America has revealed Wolverine's real name...it's something like James "Jim" Howlett. Hmmm...I think I like the name, Logan, better.

Anyways, boreness aside and a pause on my dorkiness. We decided to grab dinner before returning to the movie theatre. So, we went to Romano's Macaroni Grill. We've never been there but heard good stuff about the restaurants from friends and family. So, we went in, got seated and viewed the menu. Hmmm...for some reason, I thought it was another Chili's, Applebee's or a Bennigan's. Yet, it was more like Olive Garden, with a darker atmosphere. The food was ok, not "wow!" We weren't impressed with the seating arrangements. I was like...what if I had a bigger ass and it'll be rubbing against people's back, while trying to get to my seat? Should've gone to Red Lobster!

After dinner, we headed back to the movie theatre. Well, when the movie started, the captioning wasn't working. I was like...WTF! I told KT to go chew out the manager. It was quite some time before KT returned. Told me to retrieve the panels (to view the captions). I came out and we were being led by the manager to another movie, Resident Evil: Apocalypse.
I was like...what's going on? Well, remember the switching around? Well, it had somehow affected the captioning. So, we got some more free tickets! So, in a way, I can't complain.

Resident Evil was a good movie. There was a couple of scenes that made me jump. KT just love to see me jump and laugh his ass off. (Pffft!) It was interesting with some of the changes and how some characters are connected to another. By the end of the movie, you just know that there will be a Part 3 coming soon.
I was telling KT that we'd have to start on our Silent Hill 3 game. There's already Silent Hill 4 game! If you've never played Resident Evil or Silent Hill games, you have to! These are SCARY games, especially with the lights all turned off! I will play these games but when it comes to the scary parts or when I know something scary is gonna happen, I'd have KT take over so I can scream my head off.

Anyways, that was a brief glimpse of how our weekend went. Now, we're all rested up and ready for school and work. Ta ta...

|