<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Movies... 

I'm behind on some postings. Just been busy with school and work. Well, the good news is that the semester is already halfway over! Just gotta accomplish those projects!

Whenever we can, KT and I would bundle together with a nice warm electric blanket and catch a movie, here and there. Here's what we've seen in the past week or two:



Bad Boys wasn't so bad. It was funny in some parts. Definitely will check out part 2. There's rumors that part 3 will be made.



Scooby Doo 2 wasn't so bad. I learned my lesson from the first movie. You have to be in a silly mood in order to watch it. So, this time, it was enjoyable.



I believe I had already seen 2 other versions of The Punisher. So, I had been putting off to watch this movie. Honestly, The Punisher isn't among my favorites of Marvel's heros. However, I was really impressed with this version and actually enjoyed it. Good to see John Travolta play a bad guy once again.

Superhero movies look awesome! However, they're hard to sell. The classics are Superman and Batman. (By the way, a new movie will be released in the near future for the aforementioned heros.) The X-Men have done pretty well. The recent Hulk movie was awful! I thought Spawn was too demonic and cheesy as well. Seems that Catwoman was alright but not really a box office hit.
There's been talks about a Wonder Woman movie. Yet, it seems that no one can find a suitable script for a WW movie. There's been 2 or 3 versions of Captain America and yet, none of them have been able to pull it off. There's also been talks of an Avengers movie and one of the Fantastic Four. (Although, the upcoming The Incredibles reminds me too much of the FF.)

Anyways...

We also saw a heart-wrenching documentary, Chernobyl Heart. You must watch it if you haven't seen it. It's basically about the children suffering from the infamous radiation explosion at Chernobyl. You know, I heard about it but never really knew the details about it and assumed to have happened back in the 70's. Actually, this happened in 1986, less than 20 years ago and scores of children are suffering. Levels of radiation are still dangerously high over there.
There's just no funds or resources to help the children. In American, we have preventive procedures when babies are born with some difficulties or physical problems. Over there, none. In fact, American doctors go over there to volunteer their time to perform surgeries on children. It's heart-touching to see the parents kissing the doctors in gratitude. The American doctors are just blown away from such gestures, because to them, it's their job to do these things.

Yeah, we'll complain and whine about some things. Yet, we just never really know just how blessed we are, as Americans, to have such things available or given to us.

Manhunt is an interesting show. This time, it's the search for the top male model. One thing I've learned is that just because you're beautiful...doesn't mean that you'll say smart stuff. Some of the guys here have said some of the stupidest things! And goodness, you could practically smell egos, emanating from the television!
My mother once told me that she had hoped that I would be a model. That was until I fell into a rosebush, while I was learning to ride a bike for the first time. A thorn had cut my cheek. Hmm, I'm not so sure I would've actually wanted to model. An actor, sure...but a model, nah.

Everyone has been talking about Desperate Housewives. Not me! So, I'm way out of the loop about this show.

However, we did get to watch The Biggest Loser. What can I tell you? I can relate to most of these people. The frustrations of being fat and repeatedly trying to lose weight.
Again, methods of losing weight still varies, especially when it comes to food. One trainer believes that you should eat less. You lose weight if you burn more calories than what you take in. The other trainer believes that you should eat more, in fact eat before you feel hungry. You do this by eating 4 to 6 meals a day. Aaaarrrgghhhh, which is it?!?!

I was laughing when one of the ladies was crying on the second day. She was crying because she felt like there was nothing that she was allowed to eat. I do feel that way when I'm trying to lose weight. I feel like all I can do is starve myself to death in order to lose one damn pound.
I totally agree with her when she was asking about what's the fucking point of writing down what we ate in a journal. One time, KT and I did that and I was like so frustrated with it because I just didn't see how it was beneficial to me.

Ah, someday, it'll happen. We're working on it. Yeah, we may not lose 20 lbs. in one week but we'll eventually lose some weight here and there. The important thing is that we're eating healthy (ground turkey instead of beef, etc.) along the way. One advantage of this relationship we have is that we both go through it together and offer each other some reinforcements and words of encouragement.

Anyways, better get back to work. ta ta...

|