<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day... 

KT and I voted this morning. So nice of work to give us 2 hours of administrative leave so we can all go out and vote.

We got up this morning and got ready for the day. I had to use MapQuest because I wasn't familiar with this place that we had to go and vote. This is our first time to vote in Maryland. It turned out that it was at an elementary school about 4 or 5 blocks from our house.

So we got there and the line wasn't too bad. Anyways, KT and I were in line and chatting and reading over some materials that people were passing out in regards to candidates. There was a woman there that was passing out these materials. She was excited to see us both. She has a Deaf daughter that attends MSD in Frederick. Friendly woman.

Anyways, there was an announcement the people around us were helping us out. The lines were broken down according to last names. So, I got to move to another line. However, I must've been in the wrong line because there was this one lady, "who was like what are you doing here?" I could hear her talking to me but I just ignored her. The people around us told her that I was Deaf. Then, the lady in front of me grabbed my hand and led me to another line. (I was thinking, oh no no no, don't you lead me away like I'm retarded.) I decided to not say anything because I wanted to see what would happen. Somehow, after the lady led me to the other line, people were talking and the voting volunteers heard about it. So, I was called up to the front, had my name checked off and sent in line to vote.

Then, I was done. Ta-da! (Totally liked the electronic ballot than the one with chads.)

While that was all great to be in and out of line in the span of about 20 minutes, however, it was a different story for KT. I ended up waiting for him outside for like another 20 minutes, if not more. However, I can't complain because the weather is just beautiful outside! I was just soaking up the sunrays and inhaling the fresh air.

So, tonight, I'm sure we'll all be glued to the tv and waiting, with anticipation, to see who has won the election. Well, that is if none of the states has problems with the votes, like Florida. Anyways, we shall soon know...

ta ta...

|