<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Monday, November 22, 2004

Relaxing Weekend, Pah! 

I stayed an extra hour at work while I was waiting for KT to get off from work. After that, we decided to have dinner at Fuddrucker's in Chinatown. We realized that, since school started, we hadn't been out to a restaurant to sit down and chat and dine. So, that's where we went.

Wow! Chinatown is really beautiful now that it's been renovated! I was surprised to see an Urban Outfitters store there. So, now we have 2, unless there's more UO stores somewhere else in the DC area that I'm not aware of. We went there after we ate. Definitely saw some potential Christmas gifts to buy.

After my quality time with KT, I headed out to see a friend, who just went through a break-up. It's always sad to see someone breaking up, especially a long-term relationship. It's also awkward because you know that nothing you say will ease their sadness or even anger. So, it's like...should I say something or just stay quiet? If I say something, it might come out stupid or corny or meaningless or even just right. If I don't say anything, then I might be perceived as not caring or not supportive. Hmmm...

It's hard to be neutral in a situation like this. At first, I was like..."how dare your lover ended it like this" and so on. I kept it on and on and I realized, to myself, that I needed to shut up because I may not know the whole story. I told myself to just be there for my friend and just not say anything negative.

Came home at 1am and went to bed. Got up at 6am to look out for the delivery of our new queen-sized mattress. It came around 7:30am. Pah! New mattress! It was so firm! Of course, after the delivery men left, we went back to sleep on our new bed!

Got up around noon and just did NOTHING! I just watched tv, played games on the computer and washed laundry. I made homemade pizza for dinner. I do this from time to time but this time, I really loaded up on cheese and meats. Then, I made brownies, with white chocolate morsels. KT just LOVES brownies. I like it but for some reason, I just can't eat alone...gotta have something else with it.

Sunday was just about the same as Saturday. Did some homework for one class. Then, KT surprised me with a Mexican dinner. He made chicken fajita and cheese quesadillas. Dang! My man made me Mexican food! I have it good, don't I? *wink*
Then, KT gave me brownies with vanilla ice cream. Awww! He's such a sweetie!

So, that was pretty much my simple weekend. ta ta for now...

|