<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Books! Books! Books! 

As I said earlier, I got some books for Christmas, from KT. Plus, my dad sent me a gift card for books at Border's. I'm not that difficult to please. Send me gift cards to bookstores and I'm as happy as the toddler who just got a big fat lollipop.


This set contains the first 3 books, The Bad Beginning, The Reptile Room and The Wide Window. Those poor Baudelaire orphans, having to deal with unfortunate events in their lives and dealing with Count Olaf. Very easy to read as they are targeted to young readers. The only negative I have about them is that the author uses "big" words, for the young readers, and then provides the definitions for them, either from the author or from the characters. I think they shouldn't be provided, that way it would motivate the readers to search a dictionary if they really want to know what those words mean.


Totally loved this book. It was hilarious to me. It's about this gay man, in the advertising field, and his drinking problem. It gets out of control and his boss gives him an ultimatum: lose your job or go into rehab. He chose rehab and wrote about his experiences in and out of rehab, including falling in love with a guy, recovering from his crack habit and dealing with the death of a close friend. This book is worth reading!


Patricia Cornwell is one of my favorite authors. I was so excited when I got this book for Christmas. I was gonna save it for last. But, I just couldn't wait. So, I'm reading it now and just happy to read another story about Kay Scarpetta. Will let you know what I think of this book.

ta ta for now...

|