<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Monday, December 06, 2004

The Way Home... 



While KT was napping to his heart's content on Saturday afternoon, I was flipping through the channels to see what was on tv. I came across this Korean movie, The Way Home, as it was just about to start and settled for it.

This movie is about a boy who has been dropped off, by his mother, at his poor grandmother's house, who is mute. The boy is really spoiled and such a BRAT! The grandmother is just really giving, humble and doesn't get angry with him.

If you like movies that goes slow, then check it out. What's interesting about this film is that the grandmother and the boy aren't professional actors, yet this film was a big hit in Korean theatres. At the end, there is a dedication to all the grandmothers. Aww, perfect for Mother's Day.

After the movie was over, I got up to wash dishes. While I was washing, I just happened to think of Mom and yep, was crying my eyes out. After watching the movie, it made me reflect myself as a kid and a teenager. While I was a good boy, there were moments where I was just a major pain in the ass. Well, weren't we all? (In fact, some prolly still are.)
Except, my mother thought the world of me. She gave and gave, even when she couldn't afford it or didn't agree with it. Like the grandmother in the film, she didn't have a mean streak within her.
I just made me appreciate her even more, even though she's gone. Not to say that I never did appreciated her in the first place. Sometimes, when someone dies or is gone from your life, you'll have these moments of reflection and they seem to speak louder to you now than before.
I'm just thankful that I had a wonderful mother and that she loved me endlessly. Of course, that just made me miss her terribly!

I realized that I never did finish the story about my mother. I'll be sure to find more pics of my mother and post them here.

ta ta for now...

|