<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Bringing Home the Bacon... 

Work.

Is work fun for you or is it the job from hell? Sometimes I have a productive day at work and other days, it's been a long day. Some days I like (not love) my job and some days I HATE it. Hopefully, when I get my Master's, I'll eventually land a job that I'll love. *crossing fingers*

However, some days I'll reflect and wonder why do we, Americans, work an average of 40 hours a week. Wouldn't it be nice to work like 20 to 30 hours and get paid with the equivalent of 40 hours? I know that most of you have complained that the days are short and you feel like there's never enough time to do anything else. Sometimes we'd wish there were more hours in a day than 24.

Previously, France only had a 35 hour work week. However, no more of that. Work hours will be increased. Apparently, they had did this with the hope to curb unemployment but it is still rising. Hmmm, interesting. The French thought that by working less hours, unemployment would go down because that would give corporations a chance to hire more people to work the extra available hours. However, it did not work.

(On a side note, I wonder what are the average work hours per week in other countries. More? Less?)

I dunno about you but wouldn't it be great to be able to work less hours, along with a great pay, and yet still have time to enjoy the rest of the day? I feel like I go into work in the mornings and come out in the evenings. I don't get to enjoy the day or feel the sun rays' warmth. I'd love to be able to work less hours and still be able to come out of work and enjoy a portion of the afternoons. Wouldn't that be lovely?!?

Ahem. I better get back to work.

ta ta...

|