<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Tagged 

I've been tagged, by E Tenebris, Lux Dormiens, to do a literary survey. So, here goes:

1. Total number of books I own: Definitely 100+, even more with KT's books before we "merged". Our library contains books by Torey Hayden, Sue Grafton, J.K. Rowling, Patricia Cornwell, Dean Kootz, John Saul, Dan Brown and several others. We have several gay-related books and Deaf-related books. Some sci-fi books, such as Star Trek: Voyager, some comic books, some coffee table books and whatnots. Of course, some school books. There are more books boxed up in the basement.

2. Last book I bought: For school: Too many...I think we bought like 15 books just for last semester. Let's see if I can remember one book...The Unfit: A History of a Bad Idea by Elof Axel Carlson. But for myself: Well, got a gift card from Dad during Christmas. Just recently went to Border's to buy some books and they were: Tragedy of Today's Gays, Queen's Fool, Running With Scissors and Dead Witch Walking.

3. Last book I read: Last finished read was The Tragedy of Today's Gays by Larry Kramer. Currently reading Faggots, also by Kramer.

4. Five books of notable influence on me: Oh gawd. Ummm...let's see. Growing up in a Christian background, I could not exclude The Bible from this list. It's a book I've read practically my entire life and can still recall stories/parables and Scripture verses from time to time. Next is Gilgamesh. It's one of the oldest story known to man. I had never heard of it until I was a college freshman and had to read it for class. Enjoyed it and would love to own a copy of Gilgamesh. Greek mythology is always appealing to me. I never tire of it and always enjoy reading it again and again and always learn a thing a two when re-reading. The other two I will have to make it a category. I'm not really a loyal reader of classic literature, although I'll read 'em if I come across them. I like poems and short stories by Sylvia Plath, most of them enigmatic and haunting and by Katherine Anne Porter. Lastly, Deaf history books. They're keys to our past and inspiration to see how they've encountered the world just as we are doing today.

5. Five poor bastards to tag with this:
I'll just tag Eiffilc, My Voice, WitchyRosey, Rays of Consciousness and Key Lime Pie Lovers Unite!

ta ta...

|