<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Thursday, August 04, 2005

It's My Party 

I cannot believe that I had never heard nor seen It's My Party before. It is filled with well known actors and actresses, such as Eric Roberts, Gregory Harrison, Margaret Cho, Marlee Matlin, Olivia Newton-John, Bronson Pinchot and many more. I thought I had seen all of Marlee Matlin's films, with the exception of What the Bleep Do We Know?

This film is about a gay architecture (Roberts), afflicted with AIDS. However, he received some news from his doctor. I forgot already...I think LPV or something like that...which is lesions in the brain, which cause blindness, dementia, and also amnesia. So, rather than suffering with it, he decides to throw big parties in his last days before committing suicide with some pills as was done by friends, afflicted with AIDS, had done before.

It was a good film to watch. Even though this was filmed in 1996, it felt like watching one from the 80's. Pinchot is hilarious in this film.

It's worth checking out whenever you're in the mood to watch something from the past.

**********

I think this'll be my last post before KT and I take off to Texas tomorrow for our vacation. If so, have a great week/end.

ta ta...

|