<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Resting Up 

I became sick over the weekend as my body was screaming for rest after dealing with RAD and some other stuff. In a way, it was good because I really need to rest up and just take it easy.

So, I was able to read up some books and watch some movies.

Harry Potter, Year 6 was fabulous as always. As always, left me wanting some more but I guess I'll have to wait until the next and last installment of the series.

I had a feeling who the Half-Blood Prince was and guessed it correctly. There was a twist to the story, which have left readers surprised. I'll keep mum for those who have yet to read this new book.

J.K. Rowling sure knows how to keep her readers intrigued!

**********

Miss Congeniality 2: Armed & Fabulous was a cute movie. I like the first one better but part 2 was still enjoyable.

**********

13 Going on 30 was another cute movie. If you like Big, then you'll love this film. Basically, choices that you make today will affect your future/destiny.

**********

Kinsey was a wonderful movie. Thanks to Kinsey for doing research on sexuality and presenting facts as well. If it weren't for him, I believe that we'll still be in the dark ages in regards to sexuality.

Nowadays, we're able to talk about sexuality and know that we're not alone about some experiences and conditions and other stuff.

I remember when I was a teenager, I came across Kinsey's book on sexuality and bought it. It was a relief, of some sort, to read up that other people went through the some of the experiences that I was going through.

For some reason, we think we're alone when experiencing something but we need assurance that other people are going through or went through the same thing. KT and I were watching a rerun of Desperate Housewives where Lynne was frustrated with her kids and thought that the other mothers were handling their kids with no stress. Susan and Bree were talking about their expereinces with motherhood and Lynne said "we need to tell each other these things".

Sexuality is one of those things that should be openly discussed without any discomfort or hesitation, among peers. You just might learn a thing or two.

**********

I'm almost fully recovered from being sick. Well, I'm telling myself that I'll be well. Well, I hafta be well before we fly out to Texas this Friday for our vacation. We'll be in Austin and San Antonio. I just cannot wait to go!!

Perhaps, I'll be able to have that serious talk with my dad about some stuff. We just need to get some things cleared up between us so that I'll know where we stand.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to see friends and relatives. I'm looking forward to show KT some parts of San Antonio. Previously, we had flown to SA not to vacation but to see Mom and spend some time with her as she was dealing with cancer and then her death.

It's gonna be HOT! Whooo!

My cousin, Shirley, just emailed me saying that her longtime boyfriend finally proposed to her. Yay! I'm really excited for her. Can't wait to see her and get more details about this whole thing.

So, now you see....I can't be sick when I go to Texas. I gotta be well when we fly out. We got places to go and people to see!

Then, when we come back...we got another vacation, which will be our last before school starts.

Yay!

ta ta for now...

|