<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Monday, September 19, 2005

Lordy! 

Gosh...last week was one LONG week for me and KT. As you might recall, we had classes all weekend that previous weekend. Therefore, we didn't have a chance to "recuperate" for the new week. It's a good thing we only work 3 days out of the week, even though they are LONG work days.

Anyways, last Friday was the monthly Deaf GLBT coffee social. Before that happened, Manny, Cliff, KT and I went Alero in Dupont Circle for dinner. I had been told by people that it was one of the best Mexican restaurant in the DC Metro area. The only good things about Alero was that we had a cute waiter and good margaritas. The food was ok but not impressionable. Overall, I wouldn't recommend Alero to others.

Anyways, after dinner, Cliff and I headed to Starbucks for the social event, while KT and Manny went shopping for a birthday gift. We arrived to Starbucks and there was only 1 other person there. It started off slow but we ended up with 25 people before it was over. So, it was a good turnout. As always, good to see some familiar faces and friends as well as meeting new people.

Afterwards, some people left to Halo. I opted not to go because I didn't feel I was was "dressed" for that environment. So, I stayed behind with Cliff and a few others. Afterwards, we headed over to Cliff's place. KT was supposed to meet me there after Halo.

There was a house party going a couple house down from Cliff's place. You could see Deafies walking around the street with beer bottles and red cups in their hands. I was like...dang, these people have guts to be drinking in public when there was like a police car strolling on the next street. The Deafies were also going through alleys and such. Plus, there was some loud music playing. You could actually feel the music vibration on the sidewalk! Anyways, we get home and chill out by watching some sci-fi shows. Next thing you know, you could see the red and blue light reflecting on the blinds. I peeked out and saw the police car right in the alley. I was thinking that these party-goers were so busted!

We get back to the tv show. Then, I could hear the helicopter flying above, repeatedly. I was like WTF! Later, KT paged me that a friend will spend the night at our place because he lived so far and for me to go ahead home whenever I'm ready. So, I head out and found out that there was a shooting in the area, which explained the police cars and the helicopter. I was like...shit...I had to walk to my car...which was like a block and a half in the dark. But I took comfort knowing that Cliff was watching me go to my car and I saw a couple of ASP brothers, parking a truck.

It's a big difference of comfort level. When you're living in the Gallaudet area, you kinda get used to seeing police cars zooming by to stop some crime or whatever. You get used to various scenarios, both during the day and at night. When you move away from the area, you start to became uncomfortable with that area. Ah well...

Saturday was a good day. Spent some time with Peter, who spent the night at our place. We were watching an episode of Wonder Woman when Peter told me something interesting. Did you know that the stuntwoman for WW/Diana Prince/Lynda Carter was Deaf?

Her name is Kitty O'Neil. She has been hailed as one of the greatest stuntwoman in the world. She was also a stuntwoman for Bionic Woman and Baretta and others. She has done some daring stunts that included driving or water-skiing at some dangerous speed.

Anyways, after that, we went to CMRA's general meeting. Again, good to see some familiar faces and friends.

Yayness to adding Halloween to the Eye Party, next month. So, everyone will be dressed up in costumes. This should be interesting!

Afterwards, Cliff came over and we watched a couple of movies. Finally got to see House of Flying Daggers. The special effects were awesome! Interesting story plot. We were all vee-vee'ing the kissing scenes in this movie.

Team America: World Police was very interesting and hilarious! This is definitely not for those who are easily offended.

Sunday was spent watching football games at a friend's house and at home as well. It was just good to have a relaxing day. Finally, got to watch Poltergeist. I never really got to watch many horror/fantasy movies of the 80's, such as Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St. and others, because my parents believed they were too demonic to watch. The ones that I did watch were done in secrecy, either at my aunt's house or at my cousin's or somewhere else. Anyways, I guess the movie was alright.

Oh yeah, finally finished reading Faerie War. Not bad, just easy reading. Would definitely read the sequel, Purple Emperor.

Anyways, I better get back to work.

ta ta...

**********

Currently reading:

Star Trek Voyager: Spirit Walk, Book One

|