<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Rest in Peace, Facundo 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I just discovered that Facundo Montenegro just passed away Tuesday from his battle with lung cancer.

Facundo hailed from Argentina (thus his name sign) and eventually made his way to the U.S. At one time, he taught at Gallaudet before moving on to Catholic University. Last year, he accepted an additional teaching course at Gallaudet. He taught in one of my graduate courses, ASL Media.

He was a nice guy. Although, later in the semester, we were ready to wring his neck. We thought he was a perfectionist when it came to critiquing our works. However, looking back, we realized that he wanted us to do the best in our works.

Thanks to Facundo because now I feel like I'm overly analyzing every film and show I watch. Thanks to him for giving me that skill and knowledge. Thanks to him for planting that seed in me for wanting to make a video movie.

Facundo is one of the directors who made Audism Unveiled.

It was unfortunate that when I wanted to start on my video movie and needed additional advice, he was already battling cancer.

Overall, he was a good guy who put our best interests at heart. He was such a young guy. My heart goes out to his family, his partner and his friends.

I'm gonna scan tomorrow's papers and see if there's anything for his wake or funeral. I just gotta go.

Facundo, you rest in peace.

|