<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Roy & Muck 

Friday night, I went alone to Roy's art show. KT was pooped from the week. I had a good time there, mingling with people. I saw a painting I wanted but restrained myself until KT had a chance to see it. If he likes it, then we'll buy it.

I had a good time chatting with guest artist, Michelle "Muck" McAuliffe. I've known her since I first came to Gallaudet in '98. She was in my very first class, Intro to Deaf Studies.

We were laughing because we both vividly remembered my presentation and our debate. Towards the end of the course, we each had to give a presentation of our research. My research was on the comparison of the Deaf community's acceptance of hearing aids during the 1910's and 1920's and cochlear implants in the 1990's.

After my presentation, the class had the chance to ask questions or whatever. Well, no one really had anything to say except Muck. Immnediately, we just went into a "spar" about hearing aids and cochlear implants. I dunno if the class was just blown away or rather, entertained. Arlene Kelly (not yet Dr.) had to jump in and take control of the class.

However, Muck and I never held any ill feelings towards each other. We'd always say hi and have small talks.

So, we were reminiscing old times. Then, we got to share our goals and dreams. It was interesting to learn that we both had a similar dream and encouraged each other to pursue it.

Anyways, here's a couple website if you're interested:

Roy Ricci - www.royricci.com

Michelle "Muck" McAuliffe - www.michellemcauliffe.com

**********

DeafPoints will launch May 31st, 2006. What the heck is it? If you're familiar with MyPoints.com, then you'll know what DeafPoints is.

Basically, you'll earn points for purchases that you make. With the points earned, you can get giftcards to movies and various places. Heck, you can even apply your points for a free Deaf cruise.

If you sign up, you automatically get 10 points.

For occasional updates on DeafPoints, you can check their blog.

**********

News of the Day:

Image hosting by Photobucket


Christian t-shirt company uses Brokeback Mountain to condemn gays.

***

Dan Brown is being sued for "stealing" ideas for his "The Da Vinci Code" book. Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh, of "The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail", claimed that part of their works laid the foundation for Brown's book.

I dunno. I get the feeling that this is more of a success jealousy. It's not like Baigent and Leigh were the first or the only authors that have written about Jesus and Mary Magdalene to have married and beared children and claimed that the lineage still exists.

The thing about Dan Brown is that he wrote the story, with so many different elements thrown in, in a fascinating way. That is why his book soared in a phenomenal way. He's that good!

So, Baigent and Leigh, get over it!

***

ta ta for now...

|