<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Saving Valencia 

Image hosting by Photobucket

I just finished reading Saving Valencia by Steven Cooper. This was one hilarious gay book.

Rico and Valencia Brandywine, are heirs of a hotel empire, with branches around the world. They've been kidnapped for ransom numerous times throughout their childhood. Now, that they're adults, they thought they were safe from that. However, one day, Valencia gets kidnapped. She was kidnapped by a nutty religious organization, Walk Away With Jesus. Their ransom is $7 million dollars and Rico's renouncement of his homosexuality.

Rico investigates to save his sister from captivity, with his Jewish faghag, D'Vora Wasserman.

The book will have you laughing as Rico has raging hard-ons at the most inappropriate times, including an initial session with one of his therapists.

There was a dialogue Rico had with D'Vora that I never thought before in regards to Christianity and one of their goals to convert homosexuals to heterosexuality:

"Common sense dictates it's a bunch of crap. Think about it: You can't make a left-handed person right-handed through prayer. You can't make a brown-eyed a blue-eyed through prayer."


Amen, eh?

I enjoyed this book with some laughs. I'll definitely read another book by Cooper.

**********

Damn! Battlestar Galactica is GOOD with their storylines. I already can't wait for next week's episode! I wish they were on every night!

**********

Image hosting by Photobucket

I've been trying to watch My Own Private Idaho but it just can't keep my interest til the end of the movie. I've had to stop and pause before continuing. Sometimes, I've just had to stop and do something else. I may not be able to finish it.

It just seems to be about 2 hustlers (Keanu Reeves & River Phoenix). Phoenix plays one who suffers from narcolepsy, especially in stressful situations.

**********

Image hosting by Photobucket

Must Love Dogs was a cute romantic movie.

Life goes on even when your love life is over. Yo might not wanna pursue love again. However, despite your past, don't shy away from love.

**********

Image hosting by Photobucket

I thought The Cave was pretty good. It was predictable but one that you can enjoy...if you like these kind of sci-fi movies.

I thought that the creatures in this film resembled almost too much like those creatures from Aliens. Did they borrow the creatures from the prop room?

**********

Image hosting by Photobucket

Despite the overwhelmingly negative reviews from peers of War of the Worlds, I thought it was a pretty good film. If that makes me weird, then so be it.

Can you imagine if there was another race, from outer space, trying to eradicate us? For sure, we'll fight back to defend our planet. Luckily, in the film, it was something microscopic that protected humanity on this world.

Like I said, good movie.

**********

Image hosting by Photobucket

I never saw the first one, but hey, I liked this movie! This one was loaded with action!

Jason Statham played Frank Martin, who is a chauffer/bodyguard. but was a former Delta Force guy or something like that. However, a kid in his charge gets kidnapped. Pissed and anally-retentive, Martin fights back. He has some nice moves, almost like Jackie Chan.

**********

Image hosting by Photobucket

Because of Winn-Dixie is a cute movie about a preacher's girl and a dog. (Think Benji, only Texas-sized.) Opal has moved to a really small town with her preacher dad. She has no friends. She finds a dog inside a Winn-Dixie store, hence his name. Throught Winn-Dixie, she meets people around town and befriends them.

It's a good mellow movie if you can stand to watch a 2 hour PG-rated movie. I thought it was a bit too long.

**********

I'm done now. It's snowing outside. I'm gonna retreat to the living room, get under a blanket and read Lemony Snicket #7, The Vile Village.

ta ta...

|