<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Over the Hedge 








Over the Hedge actually surprised me and I laughed throughout the movie.

KT & I got together with some friends and their kids to catch this movie. I kinda had a low expectation of it because I thought it was gonna be cheesy. You know, cheesy enough for kids to enjoy the film.

Boy, was I wrong. I found myself laughing and so were the other adults.

RJ, the racoon tried to steal a heap of food from a bear, who was hibernating. However, he's caught. RJ and the bear made a deal that RJ was to replace the food, which had been destroyed with with a red wagon. He was given until the full moon, which was a week later, as a deadline or he'd be killed.

RJ took off to the city to find food to replace. He came across a group of foragers (turtle, squirrel, possums, hedgehogs and a skunk), who had just woke up from hibernation. Verne, the turtle, is already counting the days until winter returns, in 274 days. The foragers must collect food into a log, their hibernating place.

RJ came up with an idea to expose them to foods of the humans. You know, chips, donuts, Twinkies and those kind of junk food. Upon exposure, he tempted them to collect more and better food for winter storage, which are better than nuts, berries and barks. At the same time, RJ has been storing food on the side for the bear.

Meanwhile, over the hedge, there's a prissy lady, who is the president of the neighborhood association and she is trying to exterminate the vermins. All sorts of things go wrong.

It's hilarious and I highly recommend you to check out the movie! You cannot but love the characters in the film, such as RJ, Verne, Hammy and the others.

5 out of 5 stars

**********

I've noticed a growing trend of people sneaking in outside food and drinks into theaters. Ok, I'll be the first to admit. I do that too.

For those of you that do, I don't blame you. The concessions are expensive! You're likely to shell out the same amount of money for the food that you paid for your movie ticket, if not more. I love to eat popcorn while watching a movie. However, these days, I find myself going to the nearest CVS and stuffing my pockets with generic brand candies. You knows 2 for a dollar for CVS candies.

Last night, KT and I ate out for dinner before the movies. So, we were full and didn't need snacks. Hmmm, eating a meal right before the movies might be the trick.

So, I'm curious to do a poll to see how many other people sneak in outside food and drinks or not.


Free polls from Pollhost.com
Do You Sneak in Food/Drink at the Movies?
Yes, snacks at the concession stands are expensive! No, I like snacks at the concession stands. No, I only go to movies on dates.  Gotta impress! I don't eat or drink at the movies.   


|