<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Thursday, July 06, 2006

*bleep* 

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ok, I really really really tried to watch What the Bleep Do We Know?, starring Marlee Matlin, to the end. However, I just could not finish. I think I made a little past 30 minutes before I had to stop it.

This is not one of those traditional movies. I'm not even sure if you could call it part-documentary. I thought it was gonna be one of those philosophical movies. However, I found myself trying to decipher all those quantum particle/energy/force/whatever talks.

Some of the stuff about the brain were interesting. However, questions like "is this reality?", "how do we know if it's real or not?", "is this object really there or is our brain/eyes fooling us?" and such redundant questions really do bore me. It's like those redundant questions in Philosophy class like "why are we here?"

My answer: we're here, deal with it. If you can see or feel an object, it's there and real. No need to be asking "well, what IF it's not really there?" Lawdy!

**********

I was reading the Washington Post Express this morning. Towards the end is a "Letters" (to the editor) section. I could not believe what I was reading:

Use Designated Metro Seats
While it may be nice to give up your seat to an elderly person riding the Metro ("A Reason to Give Up a Seat," June 28), the Metro seats are on a first-come, first-served basis and there are at least six seats per car facing the aisle that are reserved specifically for the disabled and elderly. Either the woman should have asked to sit in one of those six seats or she should have ridden during non-rush-hour times.

-Jim Deland
Gaithersburg, MD

That should indicate to you the rudeness or the lack of courtesy in the DC Metro area. Certainly, those six seats have a sign above them indicating these seats are reserved for the elderly and the disabled. Unfortunately, people, sitting in the reserved seats, do not always give up their seats for those needed.
However, this rude man acts like why should he give up his seat if others will not give up their seats for this elderly woman. (Key word: elderly) He was there first. Grow up! Worse, he said that this woman came at the most inopportune time for an available seat. What if this woman worked just like the rest of us and gets off during rush hour? Oh, she's supposed to wait another hour or so before the able-bodied empty out the packed cars?
Dude, I hope you when you get old and afflicted, karma will be nothing but one big mofo bitch. I hope that when you can't stand, for more than a minute on a moving Metro, and you're begging, with your eyes, for someone to give up their precious seat, that no one will give up their seat for you. If and when that happens, I hope you'll remember and rue the day you were a Seat Scrooge to that elderly lady.
People, have we really lost our respect for the elderly? I hope you'll prove me wrong.

**********

ta ta for now...

|