<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

2001: A Space Odessey 

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I TiVo'd this movie because I thought this was the movie that I had seen the ending. I remembered as a kid that this was this particular ending that I would always catch but never seen the whole movie. However, it turned out that this wasn't the correct movie.

First of all, I can appreciate the special effects in this movie that was made in 1968. That's about the only best thing in regards to 2001.

The story...well, there wasn't much of a story. Dialogue is sparse in this 2 1/2 hour movie. You'd be watching at least 30 minutes of the movie before anyone talks.

The bottom line in this movie is the question of whether technology will overtake humanity.

I have TiVo'd the sequel, 2010. So, hopefully, this movie will explain some things better.

|