<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Beth's Marathon 

I have to tell you about my good friend, Beth.

I first met Beth, a fellow Texan, in my graduate studies at Gallaudet. We were both Deaf Studies majors but with a different concentration. We hit it off very quickly. She would always cracked me up about different things and I would always try to gross her out or do something silly. Of course, she had to deal with me...and KT. Poor her! :)

However, we'd band together whenever people make fun of our Texas signs. Thick skin we have, right, Beth? ;)

Anyways, we've remained friends and kept in regular touch with each other. She's practically my neighbor, living about a mile or less from me.

Anyways, what I wanted to say was that Beth is training for her first marathon! I'm gonna be calling her the Bionic Woman as she'll be able to run for miles and miles, while the rest of us will be gasping for air or throwing up.

The marathon is a fundraiser for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training® is the world's largest endurance sports training program. The program provides training to run or walk a whole or half marathon or participate in a triathlon or century (100-mile) bike ride. Since 1988, more than 295,000 volunteer participants have helped raise more than $660 million. I think this is a wonderful cause.

Beth's marathon will take place in Phoenix in January. So, let's support her with words and funds. Click here to donate for her marathon!

|