<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tidbits - 4/11/07 

After my class at Gallaudet, I walked to the Gallaudet Metro to get to my other job at the law firm. I bumped into Toby at the metro. It was good to see him. I hadn't seen him in quite a while. He looked pretty good, especially with his new salt-and-pepper hair.

He was telling me about Twitter.com after I was saying that I haven't blogged much these days. These days I've just been busy with 3 jobs, 3 organizations with different roles and a handful of committees. Of course, I know that this isn't "exciting" news for my readers. So, it's hard to come up with something else when I've been doing nothing but work. So, Toby told me about Twitter.com. It's sort of a mini-blog. Each entry allows up to 140 characters. You can post as many as you want. So, it's ideal for one or two liners. Just a "twitter" of info for your friends. So, I'm gonna try that out but still keep my blogs. I'll let you know how it goes for me. At the same time, check it out!

Here's a sample of my Twitter:


follow graystorm at http://twitter.com


What's cool is that you can go to the site and submit a small post. Or you can submit via IM. Or you can submit via text message. You can read twitters and comment the same way as well. How cool is that?

After I got off the Metro, I saw something that was just ridiculous. I'm sure many of you have taken advantage of samples given out by people. You usually see those people giving out samples in grocery stores. The purpose of samples is to give you a taste so that if you like it, you'll buy the product.

In general, I guess one or two samples are appropriate. However, some people treat samples like a free meal. People will go back to the same person and collect 5 or more for themselves. It's like...embarrassing!

Well, this morning, there was a cart left out by the sidewalk by Honey Oats Cheerios or something like that. This guy had a plastic bag and was it up to the max with those small cafeteria-sized boxes of the cereal. People were walking by and just staring at the guy.

I get it that we all like free stuff. But seriously, if you like the sample you've tasted then buy the product. Ah well, I guess each to his/her own.

ta ta for now...

Labels: ,


|