<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Solomons Island 

Last weekend, KT took me out on a little surprise weekend getaway to Solomons Island. Solomons Island reminded me of a miniature Rehoboth Beach with sprinkles of Key West. It's just really cute, small with its own boardwalk.

We get there and dropped off our stuff at the nearby Holiday Inn Select. The hotel itself was ok. At first, it looked like...wow! But, once you get settled in, you start to notice its flaws. But I can say that they acutally have an Olympic-sized pool.

We walked down the boardwalk and explored little shops. We made mental notes of which ones to come back later that night or the next day.

When we were done, we walked back to the hotel. KT is my hero!!! About halfway walking back, KT spotted a fire growing from the mulch around a tree on the side of the road. Apparently, someone walked by or drove by and flicked off a cigarette. The cigarette cherry lit up on some flakes of mulch. KT tried to stomp out the fire but it only spread out the fire. So, he just put dirt on the fire, which doused it out and isolated the cigarette onto the asphalt.

It was just a good thing that KT saw the fire. If not, there would have been a big fire with a burnt tree.

After that, we headed back and swam in the pool. Ah, it was so nice to go swimming!!

We were supposed to go fishing the next morning but we backed out because of the weather. But, it was no biggie because we plan to go to North Carolina in July for a long weekend. We'll definitely go fishing then.

I wish I had pictures to post but KT forgot to pack the camera when he planned this trip. I only have pictures from my Sidekick. I took pictures of restaurants and bars that I posted for Yelp.com.

Anyways, it was interesting to see how many beaches there are in Maryland that are an hour or less from home. I'm sure we'll go back and explore other beaches.

Solomons Island is nice if you like small places. I'm not sure if we'll go back again. We practically touched every places there.

Labels: ,


|