<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Monday, July 16, 2007

HP5 & Transformers 

Well, last Friday, I was all excited because I was gonna go see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Initially, I wasn't planning to see it. I had checked, the night before, on Fomdi for any captioned showtimes of the movie and found nothing. However, a friend told me that there was one in Potomac Mills.

So, I thought, yes! So, KT & I had set up a plan to go see it.

We get there and met our friend there. Got to our seats and settled in. However, I started to get a sinking feeling that something was wrong like the movie wasn't captioned. I didn't see any other Deafies there. (You know by spotting anyone signing.) But then, I thought just how many people would be willing to drive out to Potomac Mills.

The movie starts and there was no captions. Arrrrgggghhhh! So, I walked out to get a manager. He explained that they do offer captions but it is RWC (Rear Window Captioning). Don't get me wrong, I don't mind RWC. However, with RWC, you have to come really early to get the best seating for the best view of the captions. The room was pretty much full when we seated ourselves down. In addition, I had already set myself up for captions on the screen, not on the goose-necked display panel.

So, we all walked out and got our money back and a couple of free passes.

KT mentioned that he noticed that Regal Cinemas are just about the only ones that offer open captions (such as the one in Chinatown). The others (such as AMC Theatres) do RWC. So, that's something to keep in mind.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Optimus Prime & Bonecrusher speed-skating and battling each other on a highway.

We were informed by a friend about a captioned movie of Transformers in Chinatown on Sunday. Now, I grew up with the Transformers cartoons and toys. (By the way, as a kid, my favorite was Bumblebee. What was yours?) But, somehow, I wasn't thrilled about seeing the movie. I guess it was the trend of flops of those that were originally cartoons to "live" (such as Garfield).

Boy, I was IMPRESSED with Transformers! This was one of the best movies that I've seen this year. This is what you would call "action-packed". Plus, I don't think any one of us had expected it to be funny as well. If you haven't seen it, you gotta go.

I have to warn you that it is a long movie. When the movie was over, I left with a full bladder that threatened to burst. When a movie is really good, I don't leave the auditorium. So, get a kid-sized drink if you wanna the whole movie.

Also, it's been a LONG time since I've ever said about a movie that I wouldn't mind seeing again. With Transformers, I'd see it again.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to see the Harry Potter movie. Plus, the last book of the series comes out this week!!!!!!!! *shrieks*

Labels:


|