<$BlogRSDURL$>
CrispAds Blog Ads

Monday, July 09, 2007

Austin Vacation 

KT & I had a great vacation in Austin. It was mellow, which is exactly what we needed. Almost right after KT finished his first year of teaching at MSSD, we took off for Austin.

We landed in Austin in the late morning. Got ourselves a rental car, a Dodge Caliber. Nice car that's somewhat a smaller version of a Toyota Matrix. However, it is a gas guzzler.

Of course, the first person I had to see was one of my closest friends, Barbie. We met up for lunch along with her husband. It was so so so good to see her.

That night, we met up with some Deafies at Taco Cabana: Rosey, Brandy, Jillian (visiting from PA), LaDonna, Julie and her son, Ronlee. It was so good to see them.

Well, what do you know? It rained in Austin. In fact, it flooded in some areas outside of Austin. So, that meant that we couldn't go to Barton Creek Springs or Lake Travis because of the high levels of bacteria. So, we just went swimming at the community pool in Barbie's subdivision.

However, it was really nice to just relax with a couple of books. Catch up on stuff with Barbie. Eat out at cool places. Check out some places.

Over the weekend, KT & I drove down to San Antonio to see family and friends. Dad seems to doing ok with his wife in the Valley. My other relatives seems to be doing alright in their own ways.

I took KT to the zoo, which is totally different than I remembered as a kid. Isn't it fascinating how things seemed "cool" when you were a kid. But as you get older and return, you're like...what is all this crap?!?!

That night, we went out to the Riverwalk. It's such a great place to go people watching.

Our visit to San Antonio was short and sweet. I only went there just to see my grandmother who was put in a nursing home during Thanksgiving week. (I will blog about that another day.) Plus, I wanted to see my mom's grave.

Well, what can I say? The last time, KT & I went to Austin, we fell in love with it. This time, it only confirmed that we're still in love with Austin. So, guess what? We're thinking of relocating there next year in the summer. That is...if we can find a job. However, we do feel that it will happen. So, all goes well, it's gonna be a fun summer next year!

Labels: , ,


|